Traveling and camping are ways to spice up your relationship with your partner, and having a travel trailer will make your romantic journey together memorable.
While it may seem easy to find a perfect trailer, not all travel trailers will offer you that luxury and romantic feel for you and your sweetie.
We don’t want you to acquire the wrong one, which is why we have only listed the best travel trailers for couples.
Whether you are looking to buy one or hire one for the vacation, any of these travel trailers will be worth your money.
Why You Need A Travel Trailer As A Couple
1. Cut down in cost
If you decide to compare the price of hiring or buying a travel trailer to booking a hotel for every of your trip, you’d see that having a trailer is more cost-effective.
You would not need to hire a room or pay for meals because you have everything to live a normal life all engineered into the design of a travel trailer.
Also, they are affordable to acquire compared to the larger bunkhouse trailers designed for the family.
2. Easy to tow
Travel trailers for couples are usually small and lightweight; after all, you’d want to only have one that can sleep just two persons. For a lightweight trailer under 5,000 lbs, any car can effortlessly tow it.
Small trailers for couples are also easy to maneuver and navigate through the woods and rough terrain, no matter your location or destination.
3. Provide more opportunity to bond
In a travel trailer, there is almost no room for privacy. So you tend to do everything together. This will help you bond, know yourselves more and explore each other because you would always be together.
Best Travel Trailers For Couples
We know you have been waiting for this, so without any further ado and in no definite order, let us quickly screen through the 5 best luxury travel trailers for couples in the market today:
1. R-pod RP-180 by Forest River (Lightweight Camper For Couples)
- 55 amp converter w/ charger
- Water heater by-pass system
- It has 9 different floor plans
- Air conditioner readily available
- Ground fault protected electrical circuit
- Comes with a fire extinguisher and smoke detector
Small, portable, and well-conserved space, this travel trailer has got everything you’ll need to have a fulfilling trip, and it’s a very lightweight travel trailer for couples.
There are different models of r-pod trailers, but we choose to pick this because it meets our criteria for picking a couple’s travel trailer. We love the fact that it is lightweight, weighing just 2950 lb.
The bathroom is well equipped with a sink, a WC, and a dry bath. Open concept design provides tons of natural lighting and crosses ventilation.
There are no chances to leave any belonging behind because this camper comes with sufficient interior and exterior storage spaces.
The bed is one of the most favorite spaces in a camper. R-pod has got it right here by installing a 60 X 74 queen’s bed.
Some of the interior features include a dinette, kitchen with sink and cooktop, TV, refrigerator, etc. while these should be enough to make your trip great, you also have options to customize or upgrade to meet your taste.
- Small and lightweight
- Sufficient storage space and exterior attachments
- Comfortable and large queen’s bed
- Built with a powder-coated steel frame that resists corrosion
- There is not a noticeable con worth mentioning
2. Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB (Best Travel Trailer Under 30 Feet For Couples)
- Light interior decor and large windows, giving the RV a comfortably spacious feel
- A standard LED TV, an AV system, and WiFi for your entertainment
- Fantastic cooking facilities equipped with full waterfall style back-splash
- A flush-mount range and large stainless steel sink for a better cooking experience
- It has slide rooms, which can expand the RV’s livable space
If you are looking for sturdiness and stamina, the Winnebago has got it all. This is credited to its double wheels. It’s also one of the best travel trailers under 30 feet for couples available in the market today.
Depending on your preference regarding space, Winnebago has a range of models of different sizes. No matter what you pick, you would still have a lightweight camper.
Both the interior and exterior have been equipped to provide all the fun. From the comfortable dining set, TV, and fridge in the interior, to the large awning outside the unit, you would not miss a moment of fun.
What we love is the conservation of space. The dinette and sofa would both convert to a large bed and queen’s bed respectively, giving room to sleep 4 persons.
This is an advantage because you wouldn’t need to upgrade your trailer when the kid starts getting prepared to join the fun.
- Sleeps more persons for its space
- Different models to choose from
- Double wheels for stability and rugged terrain
- Sufficient interior and exterior storage space
- Great features like the patio speakers, a motorized awning, and slick LED lighting
- Limited space for movement when both beds are set
3. Livin’ Lite Quicksilver VRV XTR 614 (Best Luxury Travel Trailers For Couples )
- A dry bath
- Different interior and exterior storage spaces
- Outdoor entertainment for fun activities
- Screened-in back ramp
- Refrigerators ready
- LED television set for your endless entertainment
- 12 inches awning to provide outdoor shade
- Sleeps more persons than a usual couple’s size trailer
This is one of the best luxury travel trailers for couples out there. After much scrutinizing, this travel trailer made it to our list and you would find out why.
First, the reason is that we wanted to include a travel trailer with the capacity to haul. We understand that some couples would love to explore their site with an ATV or bring along more heavy camping gear. Despite small and lightweight, this trailer would haul 3 ATVs.
Surprising right? well, thanks to its anti-rust aluminum frame that guarantees durability and strength. Moreover, it only weighs 2,300 pounds.
There are about 7 series of this model with different sizes capable of sleeping between 4 – 7 persons.
Quicksilver VRV XTR 614 comes with a large bed and a convertible sofa bed. Other features include a dry bath, outdoor entertainment, screened-in back ramp, refrigerators, and TV.
Again, you can always upgrade your trailer anytime with every luxury you found appealing.
- Large 12’ awning to provide outdoor shade
- Numerous storage spaces both interior and exterior
- Sleeps more persons than a usual couple’s size trailer
- Can serve as a toy hauler for ATVs
- Although lightweight, it may seem too bulky
4. Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS
- 17-floor plans
- Recessed ceiling LED 12-volt interior lighting
- Driftwood interior
- Power awning with adjustable rain dump and LED lighting
- Fully aluminum frame (Floor, roof, and sidewall)
- Vinyl/rubber composite roofing membrane
- Interior Height: Unknown
- Exterior Length: 20 Feet
- Exterior Height: 9 Feet, 9 Inches
- Wet Weight: 4,413 Pounds
- Unloaded Vehicle Weight: 3,075 Pounds
- Slides: 1
This may not be the best as regards material selection, but there are a lot of advantages that make this camper stand out. We wanted to recommend a product for first-time RV buyers. This is one of the most affordable for anyone looking to own their first RV cheaply.
The only major con we found with this trailer is that the quality control isn’t as good as some other brands. The exterior materials are of lower quality or thinner than some of their counterparts. Well, this is nothing too much to be worried about because it is only based on the comparison.
The storage is moderate, not too accommodating, but for couples, it should just be sufficient to pack all the needed gears.
There is a comfortable 60″ X 80″ queen’s bed, a sofa, a functional kitchen with a heat extractor, and a functional bathroom. It also comes with electrical appliances such as a refrigerator and TV set.
Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS only sleeps two persons and weighs less than 3000 lbs.
- It is affordable
- Lightweight and easy to haul
- Awning for outdoor shade
- Not the best material selection
- Less storage space
- Only sleeps 2 persons
5. Cricket by Taxa Outdoors (Best Lightweight Travel Trailers For Couple)
- Powder-Coated Steel Chassis
- Sink with Hinged Lid
- 2,000 lb Tongue Jack
- High-Pressure Laminate Countertop
- Torsion Axle Suspension with Electric Brakes
- 16 gallon Grey Water Tank
- 15″ Alloy Wheel with All-Terrain Tires (5-year manufacturer warranty)
- Roof Tracks for Rack Options
- 15″ Steel Spare Wheel with All-Terrain Tire
- 12V Accessory Outlet (Exterior)
- Powder-Coated Steel Gravel Guards
- Battery Compartment (Fits 2 Group 24 or Group 27 Batteries. Batteries not included)
- 12V Accessory Outlets (Interior)
- Quad Stabilizer Jacks
- HDPE Countertop Behind Sink & Stove
- Laser Cut Aluminum Skeleton
So we thought to include a camper with lots of openings especially for couples who would love hitting the road every summer. Luckily, we found one that meets our criteria.
Cricket is not your usual camper; it is one of a kind loaded with all features that will give you a romantic memory.
This tiny guy manages to include a full bed that can sleep two adults and 2 children and a kitchen.
Note that this is more like a tent, so you do not get to have all the features of a regular travel trailer. Haven said that – the only challenge is that it comes with a portable toilet and an outdoor shower rather than a functional convenience.
Cricket is extremely lightweight, weighing just 1,700 lbs.
- There is a 2-year structural warranty
- Can accommodate a small family of 4
- Extremely lightweight and easy to haul
- Roof pops up for improved ventilation
- It is affordable
- No functional toilet and bathroom indoors
Checklist For Buying A Travel Trailer For Couples
If you still want to check out other options apart from the ones we have recommended here, we will advise that you take some of the following factors into consideration to help you buy right
1. The capacity of the trailer
We understand that you just want a travel trailer for you and your partner. However, you may want to make some futuristic considerations.
Rather than having to upgrade the unit or buy another camper when the children start coming into the game, you may want to consider buying a camper that will sleep more persons.
At least, a camper that can conveniently sleep 4 persons would be a good one to start with.
2. The storage capacity
Some couples overlook this feature. We find it to be important because the more storage capacity, the more survival gears, and items you can bring with you for every journey. Make this criterion a priority if you would be camping for a longer period often.
Whether interior storage or exterior storage, as long as it can take everything you would need, it is just fine.
3. The weight of the trailer
If you do not want to bother about changing your car to a bigger one that can tow your camper, then you’d want to buy one that your present fleet can effortlessly tow.
Luckily, smaller campers recommend for couples are lightweight with the heaviest still under 3,000 lbs.
Go with any of our recommendations and you would not need to worry about this. Not forgetting to mention that there are also more advantages in going for a lightweight travel trailer like we already highlighted in a section of this article above.
4. How much space do you want?
Even though most travel trailers for couples are small and compact, some options are lightweight yet spacious. Depending on your preference, you can go for one that will give you and your partner enough floor space for fun activities.
No doubt, a spacious trailer would be more comfortable. You don’t always have to sacrifice portability for space. Small trailers can too be spacious if they have included a convertible bed and sofa that can go out of the way when transformed.
5. Consider four-season RVs
Not many persons go on road trips or camps during winter. But if you and your partner are looking to explore all 4 weather, you may have to narrow your selection based on this factor.
All campers aren’t adapted for winter living. You would have to find one that offers durable insulation and a propane furnace that measures up with space. We have reviewed some of the best options; you may want to check it out and also check out the criteria for picking one.
- Best Travel Trailers Under 10,000 Lbs
- Best Travel Trailers Under 5000 Pounds
- Best Travel Trailers Under 4000 Pounds
- How to Get a Title For a Camper
Conclusion | Best RV For Two Couples
Those are the best travel trailers for couples to hit the road anytime. In as much as we have tried to list the best we research on, the final decision is still dependent on you.
Since this camper would be for you both, it is always better to have both of you decide on what to go for. Each partner can write down what features he/she would love to see and combine both to find what trailer offers the most of them.
We wish you good luck in picking the best for you. Since it’s going to be just the two of you, don’t forget to take with you everything you will need to have an engaging trip while you seek to strengthen your relationship.